Monday, February 9, 2009

Blankets

I don't know how I am able to follow a pattern and make gowns, yet I cannot make an evenly square blanket. Every attempt at crocheting blankets has ended with them looking crooked, uneven or triangle shaped. I have been inspired by a fellow blogging crafter to take fleece and crochet a border. Unlike her, I don't have the edgerydoo, so I improvised. I found fleece blankets at the dollar store that already have the holes punched around the edge. I simply count the holes and crochet the border. I am still working out a few kinks but here are the first couple attempts. These will go to Johnston-Willis NICU.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are very pretty! I wish I knew how to crochet. That is a good idea to get them from the Dollar Store and embellish them.
Sarita in Texas

Debby Matson said...

The blankets are so beautifully unique...just like the babies that will need them. Wonderful job.

Kathy said...

I LOVE THE BLANKETS. YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE THE EDDGERYDOO TO MAKE THEM. YOU CAN USE A SMALL BOWL OR SOMETHING TO ROUND OFF THE CORNERS THEN MAYBE A ICE PICK OR SOMETHING SHARP TO MAKE THE HOLES. THIS IS WHAT I DID BEFORE I WON MY EDDGERYDOO.