Monday, February 23, 2009

Little Lovies!

When my children were still tiny patients in the NICU I took tons of pictures. I particularly remember the pictures of their tiny bodies next to something large, for comparison, like a teddy bear or my hand. Looking back at those pictures, I marvel at their once tiny frame and how far they have come, yet I felt sorrow. Sorrow, in that anything placed near these babies was huge and I cannot imagine being comforted by something so monstrous. I have spent months searching for and testing patterns for tiny lovies to give to these angels. Here is the first of my attempts. These little lovies fit in the palm of your hand. I hope to one day be able to provide one to each baby staying in the NICU.
Lovie
Of course, I still need to put a face on it, but you get the point!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They're beautiful...what a great idea!