Thursday, August 14, 2008

My first sewn gown!!!

I finally finished my first sewn burial gown from a wedding dress. It took me forever. I have never sewn anything other than pillows before and the pattern alone was a lot of work. My biggest challenge was the sleeves since they were gathered and attached separately. I absolutely love this dress but I don't think I will do another one quite like this. I hope that eventually I get faster at making these gowns, as a month for one dress is too long in my opinion. Anyways here she is, and I really hope that some family can find comfort in their little one getting to wear this. Thanks again to the wonderful ladies who donated their dress to the Angels!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the prettiest dress I have ever seen! You did such a fantastic job. I have a baby angel,too. Her name is Meredith & she would be 33 years old. But, no matter how long I live, I will never forget her. Thank you for sharing the dress. Sarita Boyette
sboyette@tx.rr.com

Candy said...

Just stumbled on your blog by way of Kathy's Crochet Cabin and just wanted to say hello. Your work is beautiful! I'm so sorry that you've endured the tragic loss of a child too!!!