Tuesday, July 8, 2008

1st Delivery

I have never felt a sense of accomplishment, outside of my children, like Friday July 4th. At 4:30pm I picked up the phone outside the NICU at Johnston-Willis Hospital and announced I was making a delivery. The door opened, I walked proudly into the room carrying 2 Ukrops bags full of goodies. The bereavement coordinator met me at the door, so happy to see me you would have thought it was Christmas. My original intention was to leave the bags on the table, wave and leave, partially because the NICU was very busy and mostly because my family was impatiently waiting outside in the car. However, the nurse eagerly peeked inside the bags to inspect their contents. Four memory boxes, three preemie hats, and four preemie outfits including gown, hat, booties and a small keepsake angel. The nurse thanked me for the much needed items and we spent the next few minutes catching up and chatting about our dedication to the angels. I walked out of the hospital giddy and so blessed to be able to bring comfort to the tiniest angels and their families. I am still on this high, even though it has been four days, and I can't wait to make my next delivery. God, please give me strength to contain myself and get to workin!!


No comments: