Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Beginning

For 2 years now I have been searching for ways to remember and honor my sweet Angel Rebecca. Rebecca grew her wings on April 5, 2006. She blessed our family for six short months, but left us with a lifetime of memories and lessons learned. Rebecca spent 5 months of her life in the NICU, cared for by special doctors and nurses, who treated her like their own. Rebecca was not their only child, the NICU remains full of babies just like her. Born too early, too small, too weak and too sick to leave the confines of an incubator, much less leave the hospital in the arms of their mother. Unfortunately not all of these babies win the fight for life and freedom. This is where I come in.

I recently found a group called Heavenly Angels in Need (HAIN). Its a non-profit group of volunteers who hand crafts items of warmth, comfort and memorial for the angels and their families. It is our hope to help families one angel at a time, by providing burial garments and memorial items after the passing of these tiny angels. It is my hope that no angel leaves this world without warm clothes that fit and no parent leaves the hospital without knowing that their child was special. I have chosen Johnston-Willis Hospital's NICU as the recipient of all my donations, as they have cared for all 3 of my children. My goal for this year is to provide every angel with an outfit as beautiful as they are, and every parent with a box of memories to carry home instead of empty arms. I hope that what my Angel has given me the strength to do will provide some comfort and strength to parents walking the same path as myself and many others. Rebecca, this is for you princess!

No comments: